Version 2.10 for Windows (February
- Images are now processed tile by tile which requires less memory and allows processing images that occupy more than 2 GB RAM.
- "The Plugin Site" sub menu does not appear at the top of the Filter menu anymore, because the leading space character was removed.
- After the dialog was displayed, you can now press the Enter key to immediatelly apply the effect.
- The following filters renders up to 66% faster: Sepia, RGB2HSL, HSL2RGB
- The rendering speed is displayed on the progress bar of the plugin window now.
- Future versions will be able to install over the current version
without uninstallation. Please uninstall any previous version to
avoid superfluous files.
- The installation does not allow selecting an installation folder
anymore. You can only select the drive. This avoid double installations
- Only one uninstall option is added to the "Add/Remove Programs"
section of the control panel for new minor versions of the same
- New Uninstall item is added to Start menu which displays the Add/Remove
- Plugin Installer:
- Two new "Adobe Photoshop CC (All Versions)"
items for installing plugins to a 32-bit or 64-bit
plugin folder which is used by all existing and future versions
of Photoshop CC. This way you do not need to install the plugin
again after you installed a new version of Photoshop CC. Best
uninstall the previous version to avoid duplicate plugins when
using this new option.
- Support for Affinity Photo (Please activate
the "Allow Unknown plugins to be used" check box under
Edit > Preferences > Photoshop Plugins in Affinity Photo
to make it work.)
- Plugin Installer now correctly displays "Photoshop CC
2015.5" instead of "Photoshop CC 2016".
- Clicking on a list item activates its check box now
- Plugin Installer has all applications activated by default
- The Install button now gets the focus when the dialog shows up.
Version 2.09 for Windows (December
- The UI-Scaling-Preview-Cutoff problem
in Photoshop CC 2014/2015 and Photoshop Elements 13/14 was
fixed. However, the Soft Proof effect is not visible in the
preview anymore if UI Scaling is active.
- Larger cursors
- Improved installation:
- Three less clicks are necessary, because
the language, start menu and ready pages are not displayed
- There are no separate Start menu folders
added for different versions anymore. So better uninstall
previous and demo versions before installing new/full versions.
- Under Windows 8 & 10 there are even
less icons with better names installed on the All Apps section
of the Start menu to avoid clutter.
- Please uninstall from the Control Panel
as the uninstall icon is not added to the Start menu anymore.
- Plugin Installer supports HiDPI
Version 2.03 for Windows (October 2014)
- Support for processing images larger
than 30,000 pixels in witdh or height. Processing such
big images usually only works with the 64-bit plugins and enough
- The installation file
and Plugin Installer are now signed to avoid potential problems
with security software.
- Plugin Installer now displays "Photoshop
CC 2014" instead of "Photoshop CC2". It also supports
Photoshop Elements 13 64-bit, Paint Shop Pro
X6/X7 64-bit, Illustrator CS6 and Photoshop CS5.1. The broken
support for Photoshop CS2 was fixed. "Photoshop CS7"
was renamed to "Photoshop CC".
- Flicker reduction when maximizing and restoring
the window under Windows Vista and 7.
- The plugins without a window show no ellipsis
at the end of the menu item anymore.
- Bug Fix: Normal window size was not restored
after exiting two times with maximized window.
Version 2.02 for Windows (August 2011)
- The plugins now appear
on "The Plugin Site" sub menu of the Filters menu (and not
on the "PhotoWiz" sub menu anymore). The version number is not
displayed on the menu anymore, but on the about dialog.
- No artifacts when
processing 16-bit/channel images in PSP X3 SP3.
- No preview color flashing
and image colorization in PSP X3 anymore.
- Press and hold flick under Vista/7 is deactivated.
- Bug Fix: Window resizing problems.
- Bug Fix: Chroma Negative now works with
- Bug Fix: Pressing the ESC key sometimes
caused the plugin to not update the preview anymore.
- Bug Fix: When typing in the edit box of a slider
the preview is updated after half a second.
- Bug Fix: Double clicking a slider label only
updates the preview if the slider value was changed. Additionally
the focus is set to the slider.
- Bug Fix: No progress bar flashing anymore.
- Plugin Installer now
detects PSP X2 Ultimate, ArcSoft PhotoStudio, Paint.NET, Imagelys
Picture Styles and FixFoto.
Version 2.01 for Windows (January 2011)
- The dialog size is saved and restored. If
you change the dialog size of one plugin, it is also changed for
all other plugins.
- Dependancy on Msvcr80.dll, which was
not installed with version 2.0, was removed from the 64-bit versions.
- Scrollbar sliders replace the trackbar sliders.
- Combined 32-bit/64-bit
- Plugin Installer support more applications,
displays less options during installation and offers enhanced
- All files are now installed in the "The Plugin
Site" sub folder of the Program Files folder by default. Additionally
"The Plugin Site" sub menu of the Start menu is now used for installation
- Support for silent installation: If you run
the installer with the /silent or /verysilent command line parameter,
the installation will run automatically and require no click.
Plugin Installer will then automatically install the plugins in
every supported application that it can find.
Version 2.0 for Windows (March 2009)
- PhotoFreebies are now available as 32bit
as well as 64bit versions. The 64bit versions work in Photoshop
CS4 64bit under Vista 64bit.
- The PhotoFreebies plugins are scriptable
now. This means that their parameters can be recorded in actions/scripts.
They can also be used as smart filters in Photoshop.
- New Color Blind plugin that simulates
red/green color blindness.
- The BW plugin now has a dialog and offer
seven different black and white variations.
- The plugin dialogs are resizable and support
visual styles now.
- The Remove Transparency plugin works correctly
on greyscale images now.
- DEP Compatibility: Even if Data Execution
Protection (DEP) is activated in the Windows Control Panel, the
plugins still work.
- Improved compatibility with some applications,
e.g. preview scrolling now works in SignLab and Image Analyzer.
- The Plugin Installer was updated. It supports
38 languages and several new compatible applications as well as
localized versions of Photoshop.
Version 1.0 for MacOS X (August 24, 2007)
- Two Versions:
- PowerPC Version: Works with most
applications (even in Rosetta mode on Intel-Macs)
- Intel Version: Only works with
Photoshop CS3 and CS4 on Intel-Macs
- The MacOS X versions were created with
Foundry, which means some limitations compared to the Windows
- The plugins only work with 8bit RGB images
(and not 16bit RGB images)
- There are no RGB2HSL and HSL2RGB plugins,
because of the intensive calculations.
- The Sepia plugin offers different controls
and produces similar but not identical results. The Windows
version uses the HSL color space to achieve the effects whereas
the Mac version stays in RGB space.
Version 1.01 for Windows (June 2007)
- New Chroma Negative plugin
- Windows Vista Compatibility: PhotoFreebies
now works under Vista even if your computer has 2 GB or more RAM.
- The color of the plugin dialog was changed
to bright grey
- Plugin Installer was added: At the
end of the installation the Plugin Installer tool will appear
and let you copy the PhotoFreebies plugins conveniently to your
image application's plugin folder.
Version 1.0 for Windows (File Date: November