Version 1.52 (October 2016)
- Support for Photoshop Elements
- Support for multiple monitors
for all LayersXXL dialogs
- Support for ElementsXXL 4:
- Does not block the key accelerators
of ElementsXXL 4
- Makes sure that some menu items on
the Image menu are positioned correctly
- Layer > Layer Style > Create Layer
now supports layers with transparent areas without a layer mask.
- Bug Fix: Dragging a layer style from one
layer to another in the Layers panel, the Style Settings dialog
does not show up anymore and does not block the dragging operation.
- Bug Fix: The German html manual is now
- Typos fixed in the German manual
Version 1.51 (June 2016)
- New German manual and
many typos fixed in the English manual
- Support for HiDPI system settings
above 200%. Settings up to 250% are calculated very
precise, settings above 250% are calculated much more precisely
- Photoshop Elements 14: If a non-standard
menu font size is set in the control panel, the LayersXXL menu
items are now displayed correctly.
- The Image menu is now displayed
without any delay. Thus the Fast Menu Display option
in the LayersXXL preferences was removed, because it is no longer
- The paths of duplicate LayersXXL plugins
are now displayed in the error message.
Version 1.50 (April 2016)
the ActionsXXL plugin for recording and playing action steps
- Bug Fix: Somtimes a crash occurred when
displaying the Layer > Layer Style sub menu.
- Bug Fix: Photoshop Elements 14: The check
marks on the menus were drawn too small with activated UI Scaling.
- Bug Fix: When using the "Save Layers
to Files" command and the bottom layer was not a pixel
layer, the other layers were not saved either. This was fixed.
- Bug Fix: If "Save Layers to Files"
cannot save any layers, because there are no pixel layers, a
message is displayed now.
- Bug Fix: The Layer Comps panel is now updated
when the history state changes.
- Bug Fix: The Style Settings feature displays
a localized entry in the History panel now.
- Bug Fix: Some memory leaks were closed.
Version 1.05 (February 2016)
- Support for HiDPI in Photoshop
- Bug Fix: When opening or creating a new
image, it was previously necessary to click twice on the Image
menu to display the menu.
- Bug Fix: It was previously necessary to
clicking the x button in the top right corner more than once
to exit Photoshop Elements.
- Bug Fix: Previously the Global Light values
of the Bevel Emboss effect were sometimes automatically changed
when opening the Style Settings dialog.
- New "Faster Menu Display with Unusable
Items" check box on the LayersXXL Preferences. We do not
recommend activating it to avoid problems. Only if the main
menus display unbearably slow on your system.
- The "Alternative Shutdown" check
box on the LayersXXL Preferences was removed, because it is
not needed anymore.
- Improved installation:
- Three less clicks are necessary, because
the language, start menu and ready pages are not displayed
- Under Windows 8 & 10 there are
even less icons with better names installed on the All Apps
section of the Start menu to avoid clutter.
- Please uninstall from the Control Panel
as the uninstall icon is not added to the Start menu anymore.
- Plugin Installer supports HiDPI
Version 1.04 (October 2015)
- Support for Photoshop Elements
- Support for UI Scaling and
HiDPI in Photoshop Elements
Version 1.03 (July 2015)
- Highly improved noise reduction
when using the Denoise feature on the Auto-Expose Layers
- Unicode support, which
means that the LayersXXL dialogs are now available in Russian,
Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Taiwanese language. The gradient
and pattern names are still displayed in English for these five
languages. Additionally some characters of certain other languages
(e.g. Czech, Polish) are now displayed correctly.
- The look of the Layer Comp panel
was improved by using a smaller title bar, a light
grey background for the list and icons instead of checkmarks.
- Bug Fix: Photoshop Elements 13 previously
crashed on exit if the Layer Comp window was displayed and hidden
- Bug Fix: The Open as Layers file dialog
did not display .arw raw files.
- Fix for keeping Norton and maybe other
security programs from blocking installation or showing an alert
Version 1.02 (April 2015)
- The trial version works for another
14 days, so you can test it again even if it expired
- Bug Fix: Auto Bracketing now works in Photoshop
Elements 6 to 10.
- Three crash problems fixed:
- Bug Fix: On a few systems Photoshop Elements
froze when running it from Lightroom's Edit In sub menu.
- Bug Fix: Sometimes there was a crash
when using Remove Transparency, HDR-Combine or one of the
- Bug Fix: The preview document feature
of HDR-Combine Layer caused a crash in Photoshop Elements
6 to 10 and sometimes in Photoshop Elements 11.
- HDR-Combine Layers:
- Bug Fix: When activating the "Do not use preview
document" check box after HDR-Combine Layers was already
used, the document was closed when using HDR-Combine Layers
- Bug Fix: The preview document feature of HDR-Combine layer
caused crashes in Photoshop Elements 6 to 10.
- Bug Fix: When applying HDR-Combine Layers a second time
with only one layer selected, it created two new exposure
variation layers. Now it selects the other two HDR layers
for readjusting the settings.
- Bug Fix: On the HDR-Combine Layers dialog setting back
the Contrast and Saturation sliders to zero did not work.
- When running the HD task, the Auto-Align button is now
deactivated by default, because auto-aligning was already
- Tasks > Manual Composition: The
layer mask of the top layer is now selected automatically.
- Bug Fix: The fx icon on the Layers panel
now has a green background (instead of the blue one of ElementsXXL)
if it is colorized.
Version 1.01 (April 2015)
- Auto-Align Layers:
- The dialog restores its settings
in the current session.
- "Radial Distortion" was renamed
to "Geometric Distortion" to match Photoshop.
- Auto-Expose Layers:
- There is now a Reset button,
which can be applied by holding down the Alt key and clicking
the Cancel button.
- New Swap button that
changes the layer positions for multi-expose effect
variations. For three layers there are 6 possible positions
and for five layers you can click between 20 variaitons.
To get back to the original layer positions you can click
the new Restore button.
- The "Layers" slider
was renamed to "Hide".
- HDR-Combine Layers:
- Bug Fix: Previouisly when using Width
slider values near zero error messages were displayed sometimes
and the layers were messed up.
- Remove Transparency:
- "Crop Transparency" was renamed
to "Remove Transparency"
- In Photoshop Element 13 there is a
new "Content-Aware Fill" option that
fills transparent areas instead of cropping them away.
- The dialog was localized to other
languages than German and English.
- Bug Fix: Deactivated layers are ignored
and not taken into account anymore.
- The Remove
Transparency step of the task items is now the last step
(except for the HDR task), so that it can be undone easily.
- Improved Panorama task:
- Internally the Cylindrical option
is used for auto-aligning, because the Auto option sometimes
works unreliable for panorama images.
- The Remove transparency
dialog is now shown, so you can choose to keep the transparent
areas by clicking Cancel, to crop them away or to fill
them with content (Photoshop Elements 13 only)
- Style Settings:
- Bug Fix: Previously the image flickered
when changing some settings.
- The "Blend If" text
- New Help > LayersXXL Videos menu item
- The manual was updated with some more details
Version 1.0 - Revision 2 (March 2015)
- Open as Layers:
- Bug Fix: Sometimes some images were clipped
if they had a different orientation.
- Bug Fix: No left over empty document
when opening only one image file
- Bug Fix: The Camera Raw dialog was previosuly
always shown when opening .tif images.
- Bug Fix: The Camera Raw dialog was previously
always shown even if "Never" was set in the LayersXXL
preferences. Now only the Manual Bracketing option overrides
the Never setting.
- Bug Fix: In the LayersXXL preferences
"With one selected file" was renamed to "With
one selected raw file".
- HDR-Combine Layers:
- There is now a Reset button, which can
be applied by holding down the Alt key and clicking the
- Bug Fix: The history of the preview document is not filled
- When opening only one image file with
one layer, there is as message asking for more than one
file and the operation is aborted. This is the case for
all tasks execept for HDR and Manual Composition.
- HDR / Manual Composition: No Auto-Align
error message is displayed anymore if only one image file
with one layer was opened.
- Manual Composition: Black is now automatically
selected as the foreground color for painting on the created
Version 1.0 (March 2015)